View topic - Former Paul Gibbs' Car?

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

The purpose of the National DeSoto Club, Inc. (NDC), is to encourage the preservation, restoration and promotion of all De Soto automobiles, as well as to promote fellowship and the exchange of knowledge among all fellow members. Furthermore, the study, compilation of data, summary of information, and preservation of literature related to De Soto automobiles is encouraged. The NDC’s message board is open to all. The NDC’s Trustees and members are NOT responsible for the accuracy of any of the information posted to this message board. The NDC’s web-master may, at his/her discretion, remove any message that is deemed to be offensive, and deny posting privileges to the person who posted the offensive message.

Post subject: Former Paul Gibbs' Car?
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:46 am 
Some of you long-time members may recall now-deceased Maryland member Paul Gibbs. Paul was a fixture at many of the early Club conventions with his pride and joy mint green '53 Firedome. It appears from the listing below that the car became part of a large collection and is now being offered for sale. Someone has added a set of Chrysler wire wheels, which were not original equipment on Paul's very original car.

Somewhere Paul is happy that his car continues to be a show-stopper.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... &viewitem=

Attachments:
1953DesotoPowerMaster01.jpg
1953DesotoPowerMaster01.jpg [ 172.06 KiB | Viewed 1747 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:48 am 
Ooops, I goofed and described the car as a Firedome; it is clearly a six-cylinder Powermaster. Sorry, Paul!

Mark

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:06 pm 
Hello all again from Norway, just attended a local show here and won a nice little price for the best in show 41-55 model cars.
I have also seen this on ebay and this sun visor is exactly what I am looking for.
Can anybody please help me with possible manufacturer and or repro dealer?
I regularly search ebay but most of the visors listed are for the split window type or the one with the massive bracket to go on the roof.(fulton)
Hope someone can help.
regards
Raymond