View topic - March-April

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:01 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

The purpose of the National DeSoto Club, Inc. (NDC), is to encourage the preservation, restoration and promotion of all De Soto automobiles, as well as to promote fellowship and the exchange of knowledge among all fellow members. Furthermore, the study, compilation of data, summary of information, and preservation of literature related to De Soto automobiles is encouraged. The NDC’s message board is open to all. The NDC’s Trustees and members are NOT responsible for the accuracy of any of the information posted to this message board. The NDC’s web-master may, at his/her discretion, remove any message that is deemed to be offensive, and deny posting privileges to the person who posted the offensive message.

Post subject: March-April
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 6:29 pm 
March-April has arrived in Columbus OH today

Good article Ed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:37 pm 
Maybe we are going to get caught up soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:47 am 
Editor has a new laptop...anybody want to guess how many days til she fries it??? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 4:50 am 
:shock: As one who only twice this week has delt with the irregularities of a modern computor, my Firesweep performs better than it. And it's predisessors. Thanks to the help of "My Guy" Andy Cooper. 8) Mechinic extrordinar. Thanks Andy! Am De lighted! rr :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:20 pm 
Thanks, Bob. I haven't seen the article yet. My issue arrives several weeks after some on here get theirs.

The only problem is that I wrote that article last year and submitted it 3 times (each time it was lost due to a computer failure, I was told). That means that all the cars and locations I've dicovered since then aren't reflected in the article. On the plus side, a "locations" article like that can never really be current. The most recent information resides on my own computer.

Ed

Post subject: March-April
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:58 pm 
Got ours yesterday here in Michigan. I haven't had time to read it yet but just glancing through it looks like an excellant edition. Several interesting DeSoto stories and good info on the upcoming convention. Now if we can just get the timing thing worked out. Les

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:55 pm 
I hesitate to complain because I would not want the job, but I feel the Adventures magazine over the past few years is just a shell of what it once was during the late 80's and the 90's. I suspect that to many of the NDC members, the magazine is the only connection they have to the club and one might wonder if it is worth the investment.

I noticed in the latest edition there were two typos in the editor's column, three ads for the upcoming trustee submissions which are due in less than a week, and numerous articles borrowed or copied from other publications. It is distressing to learn that all articles sent in by the membership over the past year were lost. These are generally what make the magazine good reading.

I attended the trustee meeting at the convention last year and the editor was offered help in laying out the magazine by one of the members in attendance. The editor seemed to me to take great offense that someone felt she needed any help. The offer was declined and we have continued to received magazines which were late and substandard.

I know this is not the proper place to complain, but due to recent knee replacement surgery, I won't be at the convention this year. I would hope and encourage the board to take steps that would help return the Adventures magazine to its former status.

Mac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:22 am 
Mac...good luck with your surgery. You'll be missed at the Convention.

Like many others, I share your concerns about the Club Magazine. I plan on attending the membership meeting and voice those concerns.

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:28 pm 
I won't be there but I agree with Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:40 am 
Mac, I wish you a FULL & SPEEDY recovery! Neighbor went through it a year or two ago & is doing great.

Post subject: Magazine
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:53 pm 
I just wrote a check for my dues. The renewal form was on the don't-have-to-pay stack when I got my "final notice" yesterday. I really don't think the NDC Adventures is a very good value for all the same reasons. I hope you guys can do something about it. I'll give it another chance.

Have a nice day
Steve