View topic - 58 firesweep serial number tag

It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

The purpose of the National DeSoto Club, Inc. (NDC), is to encourage the preservation, restoration and promotion of all De Soto automobiles, as well as to promote fellowship and the exchange of knowledge among all fellow members. Furthermore, the study, compilation of data, summary of information, and preservation of literature related to De Soto automobiles is encouraged. The NDC’s message board is open to all. The NDC’s Trustees and members are NOT responsible for the accuracy of any of the information posted to this message board. The NDC’s web-master may, at his/her discretion, remove any message that is deemed to be offensive, and deny posting privileges to the person who posted the offensive message.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:26 pm 

The state of VA applied an DOT tag to the door pillar. Its legal but not numbers matching. Also I cannot retrieve the history of the vehicle. I would like to know where it was before it ended up in the Las Vega desert for 40 years. Perfect condition though from being there in the dry heat.

I sent a request to Chrysler to provide the build info on the car but hey indicated they could not look it up using the motor number because they use micrfisch and they are indexed by Serial number. They only made 5K of these cars so it would not be too exhaustive to me and I would have paid them more for their time.

If there was a way for me to access the micro fisch records i could search it.

If i could determine if the car was built in LA or detroit it may reduce the effort.