View topic - Finally purchased a car!

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:16 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

The purpose of the National DeSoto Club, Inc. (NDC), is to encourage the preservation, restoration and promotion of all De Soto automobiles, as well as to promote fellowship and the exchange of knowledge among all fellow members. Furthermore, the study, compilation of data, summary of information, and preservation of literature related to De Soto automobiles is encouraged. The NDC’s message board is open to all. The NDC’s Trustees and members are NOT responsible for the accuracy of any of the information posted to this message board. The NDC’s web-master may, at his/her discretion, remove any message that is deemed to be offensive, and deny posting privileges to the person who posted the offensive message.

Post subject: Finally purchased a car!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:53 am 

Hello all,

I finally found and bought a car a couple of days ago. I had been searching for an S11 but just couldn't find what I was looking for. I found an S8 1941 Deluxe 2 door sedan that was located in NC. It is not a car currently in the club and will be the only Deluxe 2 door sedan in the club. The only other 2 door sedan listed is a Custom. I am actually surprised that there not more within the club because there were about 9200 Deluxe 2 door sedans built. Go Figure! Its a pretty solid car with an older restoration that needs a little sprucing up but still looks presentable. Very nice chrome and pretty nice interior. Paint looks good from 6 feet, but has nicks and scratches from usage over time. Got a few small mechanical issues to get through and we are getting started ASAP... 8) Anyway, I have something to play with again, and its been a long time!

Anyone know of any parts cars for '41 out there? I would like to find a set of door sill plates (any other year compatible for the 2 door sedan? ... same as coupe or club coupe?) Also need a cowl vent control arm with handle... just the end link that you can see outside the dash. Any leads? I am sure there will be more things later. I am posting a couple of shots of the car though it really does look better in the pics than in person... the camera is NOT telling at times. :lol:

Attachments:
41 desoto headliner.jpg
41 desoto headliner.jpg [ 93.74 KiB | Viewed 143 times ]
41 desoto interior from driver side.jpg
41 desoto interior from driver side.jpg [ 215.18 KiB | Viewed 143 times ]
41 dsoto pass side front.jpg
41 dsoto pass side front.jpg [ 222.64 KiB | Viewed 143 times ]
41 desoto driver side rear.jpg
41 desoto driver side rear.jpg [ 205.72 KiB | Viewed 143 times ]
41 DeSoto grill.png
41 DeSoto grill.png [ 2.12 MiB | Viewed 143 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:00 am 

Very Nice! Congrats!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:11 am 

Super! Good for you. Please keep us posted with your updates.

"It's delightful, it's delovely, it's DeSoto"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:11 am 

Dean,

Doug Hanley in northwest Ohio has owned a '41 sedan for as long or longer than I have owned my '55. He should be a good source of parts and information for your '41. Nice looking car. I remember seeing it for sale on Craigslist at one time.

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:40 am 

Mark... I looked up Doug Hanley in the roster but he did not have a phone number listed. Anyone know how to get in touch with him??

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:35 am 

Bill Noble and his wife Debbie manage the Buckeye Chapter and will likely have some contact info for Doug. Bill is now retired so you should be able to contact him most any time.

Mark