View topic - September October issue

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

The purpose of the National DeSoto Club, Inc. (NDC), is to encourage the preservation, restoration and promotion of all De Soto automobiles, as well as to promote fellowship and the exchange of knowledge among all fellow members. Furthermore, the study, compilation of data, summary of information, and preservation of literature related to De Soto automobiles is encouraged. The NDC’s message board is open to all. The NDC’s Trustees and members are NOT responsible for the accuracy of any of the information posted to this message board. The NDC’s web-master may, at his/her discretion, remove any message that is deemed to be offensive, and deny posting privileges to the person who posted the offensive message.

Post subject: September October issue
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:22 pm 

It pains me to say this but the Sep-Oct Desoto Adventures is going to be late. We were under a mandatory evacuation for the recent hurricane and it took four days for power to be restored; no power means no water; we are on a pump. We had to play nomad, staying with friends.
In addition, the firm I work for is at a critical juncture in its history; this is requiring me to work an unbelievable amount of hours and is unbelievably stressful. Geoff and others are helping as they can. Without further surprises or tasking, I expect the magazine to be about 2 weeks late. Please bear with me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:51 pm 

Of course! "It's supposed to be fun!"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:47 am 

Not your fault, You always do a good job.

Paul

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:33 pm 

Hey Dan, with the great job you and Goeff are doing on the magazine I don't think anyone is going to complain about a week or two late. Stuff happens, it is no big deal.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:11 pm 

Dan and/or Geoff,

Is there anything I can do to help out with this issue? (Or would it take you longer to train me how to do it correctly than it would for you to just do it yourself?!) Of course, if there's special software needed to format photos and articles, then I probably don't have what it takes on my computer to be of much help. Still, let us know if there's something you think we can do to help.

Bill

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:38 pm 

All,
I've made headway. Folks are proofreading it. Once I get the corrections back, it will go to the publisher. Should be this week...
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:47 pm 

Update: the magazine & calendar are approved at the publisher. I expect them to be mailed late this week or early next week.
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:32 am 

Got mine today and as usual, read it from cover to cover already - well worth the wait and my sincere thanks Dan for another great issue. Glad all is calmed down weather wise.

Congratulations to all the winners and participants at the NDC. And a special congratulation to Tim Bowers as the recipient of the Hernando DeSoto award.

Was especially surprised and pleased to see my '59 Firesweep featured in the new calendar. It's too bad there aren't a hundred months in a year as I would like to see so many more well deserving DeSotos page after page after page.

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too since this might be the last publication we receive before the holidays.

"It's delightful, it's delovely, it's DeSoto"