View topic - Gas filler tube?

Gas filler tube?
Page 1 of 1

Author:  MarkChirgwin [ Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Gas filler tube?

Trying to put a 1937 back together after 20 years. Somewhere along the way we seemed to have lost the Filler tube for the gas tank. Here is a pic of the fender and one through the hole in the fender. We think a rubber hose fits on the tube coming out of the tank, then a metal filler pipe goes into it. The rubber part we can get, but the part that sticks through the fender that actually accepts the gas cap is what we are missing. I'm hoping the tube isn't specific to this year. Any help would be appreciated.

20170728_173606.jpg [ 5.15 MiB | Viewed 593 times ]
20170728_173506.jpg [ 6.02 MiB | Viewed 593 times ]

Author:  RichardHartung [ Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Gas filler tube?

According to my 1936 - 42 Desoto master parts book. The 1937 and 1938 Fuel tank filler and vent tube are both the same part number, 668484.

I would suggest that you continue to search on ebay it might come up as a used part.

Hope this helps Rich Hartung 1939 Desoto owner near valley Forge PA.
I just did a search on ebay and there isa filler neck tube for a 38 Desoto is Canada asking $65 so here is your chance to purchase the tube. Search 1938 Desoto
1938 Desoto Fuel Filler Tube and Cap

tried to call you but you are not listed in the current Desoto club roster.
cell 484-431-8157 Rich Hartung

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group