View topic - Mechanic Needed in Central Ohio

It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

The purpose of the National DeSoto Club, Inc. (NDC), is to encourage the preservation, restoration and promotion of all De Soto automobiles, as well as to promote fellowship and the exchange of knowledge among all fellow members. Furthermore, the study, compilation of data, summary of information, and preservation of literature related to De Soto automobiles is encouraged. The NDC’s message board is open to all. The NDC’s Trustees and members are NOT responsible for the accuracy of any of the information posted to this message board. The NDC’s web-master may, at his/her discretion, remove any message that is deemed to be offensive, and deny posting privileges to the person who posted the offensive message.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:58 am 

I just purchased a ‘58 Firedome and would appreciate any references for a good mechanic in Columbus, OH. Thanks.

Rod Scott
Rscott5@insight.rr.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:20 am 

Rod,

If you have not already done so, I would urge you to officially join the NDC. By so doing, you have the opportunity to join one of the more active regional chapters of the NDC, the Buckeye DeSoto Club. They meet several times a year, including a DeSoto picnic in northeast Ohio in August, and have many members who can likely provide you with repair references. From the Resources page of this site, find this information:

The Buckeye DeSoto Club
Gregory J. Walters, President
1308 Clark Avenue
Piqua, Ohio 45356

Welcome to the DeSoto owners world.

Mark

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:23 am 

Years back I dealt with Joel, the chief mechanic at Beanie's Muffler located a couple of blocks north on Brice Road off of I-70 on the east side of Columbus

BTY-can you post pictures of your car and it's data plate