View topic - car music during our Awards Banquet

It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

The purpose of the National DeSoto Club, Inc. (NDC), is to encourage the preservation, restoration and promotion of all De Soto automobiles, as well as to promote fellowship and the exchange of knowledge among all fellow members. Furthermore, the study, compilation of data, summary of information, and preservation of literature related to De Soto automobiles is encouraged. The NDC’s message board is open to all. The NDC’s Trustees and members are NOT responsible for the accuracy of any of the information posted to this message board. The NDC’s web-master may, at his/her discretion, remove any message that is deemed to be offensive, and deny posting privileges to the person who posted the offensive message.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:02 pm 

The staff at the Stone Castle hotel has told Fred and I that if someone puts together a collection of songs about old cars, they should be able to play it as background music during the first hour of our banquet. Songs like "Fun, Fun, Fun", "409", "One Piece at a Time", "Life is a Highway", etc. (I even like "Beep, Beep" by The Playmates, but that is a bit of a silly song.) I don't have the computer skills to put together such a collection, neither on a flash drive nor by Bluetooth. But if you're coming to our convention, and would like to put together some songs you want to hear at the awards banquet, please let me know and we'll work it out with the host hotel.

Bill Noble
NDC Convention Coordinator
nobledesoto@ameritech.net

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:21 pm 

If anyone decides they want to do this, I have an MP3 file of DeSoto's 1950's advertising song "It's DeLovely".

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:11 am 

Thanks Mark - it sure wouldn't hurt to have it. Bring it along if it's convenient.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:45 pm 

Hey Fred,

An MP3 is an electronic file. I can email it to you and you can play it on your computer. If you have any grandkids handy they can show you what to do with the file as well as files of other songs they can download.

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:19 am 

OK Mark, I'm game. Send it and it'll give me something to "play" with. Yeah, I've got grandkids so I probably will be able to hear it.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:04 am 

Hey, I've got some Edison cylinders of songs like He'd have to get under, get out and get under to fix up his automobile, The Little Ford rambled right along, Get her in a rumble seat "Uh oh! That might not be PC", In my Merry Oldsmobile, Henry's Made a lady out of Lizzie, etc. sung by the likes of Billy Murray and the Happiness Boys. I also have these on Victor 78s. But unless someone is bringing a Victrola or Edison phonograph, I guess it would be easier to bring them on a CD or thumb drive. Marc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV1Nkruquwg