View topic - Chrysler Corporation Engine Paint Colors Prior to WW II

It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:01 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:32 pm 

At the request of Tim Bowers, I am going to post several period photographs of Chrysler product engines. This is a result of a search I have conducted after asking a question about prewar engine paint colors some time back. Before reviewing the photos, it would be good to look at the following chart which details the different engines used by Chrysler from it's inception to WW II. At the bottom of this chart are the books I used as references for the information on the chart, and the photographs. This information may be common knowledge among collectors, but it is presented here as a means of showing via red boxes the specific vehicles for which I found an engine photo I think is production representative. The actual photos will be under separate threads for each of Chrysler's brands.

Attachments:
Chrysler Engine Paint Colors 1924-1942 R3.jpg
Chrysler Engine Paint Colors 1924-1942 R3.jpg [ 849.82 KiB | Viewed 1194 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:46 pm 

Note: the chart was revised on 6/3/2018 to correctly reflect the DeSoto CF* in 1931 and 1932, and to add the Chrysler "Junior" Imperial model CQ for 1933. Source #2 notes that for 1933 only, all Imperials received the "Red Head" engine as standard equipment, and that the "Silver Dome" engine was optional.

Also note that this chart does not say what color any given year engine should be. I leave that up to the owner or restorer of a given year car to determine from the photos provided and from the source text quoted.