View topic - 29 Bumper - full

Desoto.org
http://www.desoto.org/phpbbforum/

29 Bumper - full
http://www.desoto.org/phpbbforum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5372
Page 1 of 1

Author:  fredleeds [ Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:49 pm ]
Post subject:  29 Bumper - full

Hi Folks,

Fred here, a newbie to the forum and to Desoto ownership. I have a 29 Roadster and am looking for a full rear bumper. You can email, text, call, carrier pigeon - whatever works.

Fred Leeds
609-216-0607
fredleeds@gmail.com
Newtown, PA

Author:  fredleeds [ Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 29 Bumper - full

Also, if anyone has information on places to buy parts, find information, etc. - that would be much appreciated. As mentioned, the DeSoto is a new venture for me and it's the first pre-60's vehicle I've started restoring.

Author:  TimBowers [ Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 29 Bumper - full

One of the best perqs for joining the club is getting access to the club roster. With the roster in hand, you can contact many of the club members that don't frequent the forums.

The roster is sorted by car year, owner, and address, so it's easy to find club members with similar cars as yours to cast a wide net in search of parts.

Two of the most common vendors for Mopar parts are Andy Bernbaum, and Roberts Motor Parts.

Good luck with your '29!

Author:  fredleeds [ Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 29 Bumper - full

TimBowers wrote:
One of the best perqs for joining the club is getting access to the club roster. With the roster in hand, you can contact many of the club members that don't frequent the forums.

The roster is sorted by car year, owner, and address, so it's easy to find club members with similar cars as yours to cast a wide net in search of parts.

Two of the most common vendors for Mopar parts are Andy Bernbaum, and Roberts Motor Parts.

Good luck with your '29!


Good day,

I submitted the information to join this morning, but was not taken to a link to actually pay for it. Does that come later? Or do I go to PayPal and look for the Desoto club?

Thank you,
Fred Leeds

Author:  TimBowers [ Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 29 Bumper - full

if you go to http://www.desoto.org/join_renew_reinstate you should be able to get through the process there. If I missed an email from you through the webmaster, I apologize.

Author:  fredleeds [ Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 29 Bumper - full

I just checked and it states that "I already submitted this form". But still nothing there to enable me to send payment. Thanks, Fred.

Author:  TimBowers [ Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 29 Bumper - full

Hmmm.... I better check then and see if I screwed up a link or something.

Author:  fredlmehr [ Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 29 Bumper - full

Hi Fred, I just finished a '29 roadster and although I do not have a full rear bumper, I may have some ideas on other aspects. If you will be at the convention, I could talk to you there. Fred Mehr

Author:  fredleeds [ Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 29 Bumper - full

fredlmehr wrote:
Hi Fred, I just finished a '29 roadster and although I do not have a full rear bumper, I may have some ideas on other aspects. If you will be at the convention, I could talk to you there. Fred Mehr


Fred M,

Would love to see some photos if you have them. As far as attending the convention, neither I nor my dad (also named Fred) will be there. We will be at the AACA show in Hershey, PA in October though.

My direct email is fredleeds@gmail.com if you want to speak directly.

Thanks,
Fred L

Author:  fredleeds [ Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 29 Bumper - full

TimBowers wrote:
Hmmm.... I better check then and see if I screwed up a link or something.


Tim - thanks for the call and for leading this technologically inept man down the right path.

Where is the list that shows every member and what they own?

Thanks, and Happy 4th.

Fred L

Author:  TimBowers [ Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 29 Bumper - full

You're welcome! Glad I was able help out.

The club's roster is published and sent to dues paying members, but for privacy reasons is not published online.

With your new membership, I hope a roster will be provided in your "welcome pack" or however that process proceeds. If you don't receive one, you might contact the editors of the magazine, or the membership secretary. Their information might be found in the resources tab of the main menu.

Tim

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/