View topic - Parts needed

It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

The purpose of the National DeSoto Club, Inc. (NDC), is to encourage the preservation, restoration and promotion of all De Soto automobiles, as well as to promote fellowship and the exchange of knowledge among all fellow members. Furthermore, the study, compilation of data, summary of information, and preservation of literature related to De Soto automobiles is encouraged. The NDC’s message board is open to all. The NDC’s Trustees and members are NOT responsible for the accuracy of any of the information posted to this message board. The NDC’s web-master may, at his/her discretion, remove any message that is deemed to be offensive, and deny posting privileges to the person who posted the offensive message.

Post subject: Parts needed
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:20 am 

for my 1955 Coronado:

a steering wheel. all the plastic has crumbled away on mine.

a passenger side door handle inside and out. Are the left side and right side handles the same, just flipped over? Or is there some internal linkage that is fixed left or fixed right?

an air filter

When I go to the junk yard should I just scurry right on past any Dodges and Chryslers etc or are these parts interchangeable with some other makes?

Post subject: Re: Parts needed
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:54 pm 

Michael,

The outside door handles on your Coronado are not interchangeable from one side to the other. The outside door handles were the same on all 55 DeSotos, Chryslers, and Imperials. I believe the inside handles would be the same and would interchange from left to right. The left side outside handles tend to be harder to find as they get more use.

Mac

Post subject: Re: Parts needed
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:54 am 

garyssteeringwheel.com
danddautomobilia.com
qualityrestorations.com 858-271-7374