View topic - Wanted oil pan and pick up

It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

The purpose of the National DeSoto Club, Inc. (NDC), is to encourage the preservation, restoration and promotion of all De Soto automobiles, as well as to promote fellowship and the exchange of knowledge among all fellow members. Furthermore, the study, compilation of data, summary of information, and preservation of literature related to De Soto automobiles is encouraged. The NDC’s message board is open to all. The NDC’s Trustees and members are NOT responsible for the accuracy of any of the information posted to this message board. The NDC’s web-master may, at his/her discretion, remove any message that is deemed to be offensive, and deny posting privileges to the person who posted the offensive message.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:49 pm 
Does any one have a oil pan and pick up tube for a 1946-1954 Chrysler or DeSoto - 6 cyln. the Machine Shop doesn't seem to be able to find mine after I had it hot tanked. Part number 1409601 (Dodge or Plymouth wont work)

Last edited by RickBrinker on Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Oil Pan
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:40 am 
Rick, I have an oil pan but it is not in the best shape. I think I have a pick up tube also, I will look tomorrow. The pan has a pin hole leak in it and is dented on the bottom,If you can't find a better one you can have it for the shipping or if someone close to you is coming to the convention I would take it and give it to them and they could get it to you. Maybe some one else has a better one that doesn't need work.

Paul

Post subject: My book shows......
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:50 pm 
......part number 1409602

Good Luck
Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:43 pm 
Thanks Paul I will let you know if I'll need them the guy said he found the pickup so I hope he finds the pan also.I don't know what the difference is but my book says part number 1409601 ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:16 pm 
Machine shop found my oil pan and pick up,The machine shop thought it was for an Austin Healey and a body shop came and picked it up took it to their shop and filled all the little pits and dents called the owner to come and pick the pan up it was painted the color of his show car and he said thats not the pan its bigger than my motor.so now I guess all get best of show oil pan when I show the car LOL