View topic - ...........GETTING CLOSER

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

The purpose of the National DeSoto Club, Inc. (NDC), is to encourage the preservation, restoration and promotion of all De Soto automobiles, as well as to promote fellowship and the exchange of knowledge among all fellow members. Furthermore, the study, compilation of data, summary of information, and preservation of literature related to De Soto automobiles is encouraged. The NDC’s message board is open to all. The NDC’s Trustees and members are NOT responsible for the accuracy of any of the information posted to this message board. The NDC’s web-master may, at his/her discretion, remove any message that is deemed to be offensive, and deny posting privileges to the person who posted the offensive message.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:40 pm 
Any one know an approximate count of the cars coming to the Convention?

I looked ahead to the long range weather for Springfield, and it is going to be HOT............95-97 degrees. I do believe I will travel early in the day...........That is a long time from now, and I am sure it will change. I have the trunk already stuffed with items to sell at the swap meet. I am still finding more things. 4 big boxes as of now.

Mark Waite
Wisconsin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:38 pm 
Mark

I have a couple of De Soto Friends here
in Colo Spgs that need this and that for a
1951 ( Hood Ord ) and for a 1952 De Soto
( Gril "Teeth" and any out-side trim that l
ooks close to a respectiable driver ).

If you have anything for them, please let me
know now.
I have a 1959 to _____ 4 bbl Air Cleaner
Housing.

A 2 bbl Oil Bath Air Cleaner Housing.

OEM 413 sq port Intake Manifold.

Rodger & Gabby
COS

Rodger & Gabby
COS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:45 pm 
Sorry Rodger, No parts, to speak of. I do have a an NOS drag link for a 1941 Chrysler, and others, it may fit, and a carb. ceramic filter for a 1951/1952 six.
All the rest is memorabilia. Some of the stuff:

1959 Desoto Umbrella
1949 Desoto Metal car
2 large Desoto dealership ashtrays
Desoto coffee (tin)
Desoto coffee (paper-rare and old)
Box of Dealership matchbooks (New)
The list goes on and on............

There will be something for everyone. Lots of stuff to pick thru. I hope to have as much space to spread out as last year.

I my opinion ( not that it matters) the neatest thing I have to bring, is a bunch of old service-bay, card-board signs. They hung from the ceilings.
I sold some of the large ones last year. No two are alike. I hope to sell them as a lot. I have had them on display in my "Man-Cave " for years. I need the room.

Mark Waite

Post subject: getting closer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:48 pm 
Rodger, I have got the 51/52 grill teeth and a 51 lighted hood ornament. also have "deluxe" front fender emblems. The teeth have some pitting but not real bad. the hood ornament is pitted. The emblems are pretty good. I hadn't thought much about selling them thinking I might need them some day for my 52. But, might consider it if you can assure me the teeth are not going to end up in a Mercury. If your friends might be interested send me a PM and we can talk about it. I can deliver them to Springfield. Les