View topic - Introduction

It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

The purpose of the National DeSoto Club, Inc. (NDC), is to encourage the preservation, restoration and promotion of all De Soto automobiles, as well as to promote fellowship and the exchange of knowledge among all fellow members. Furthermore, the study, compilation of data, summary of information, and preservation of literature related to De Soto automobiles is encouraged. The NDC’s message board is open to all. The NDC’s Trustees and members are NOT responsible for the accuracy of any of the information posted to this message board. The NDC’s web-master may, at his/her discretion, remove any message that is deemed to be offensive, and deny posting privileges to the person who posted the offensive message.

Post subject: Introduction
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:49 pm 
Let me introduce myself. I am Ina Meulman from the Netherlands and own a 1956 Desoto Firedome. I bought it in Oklahoma two years ago and imported the car into Europe.
The car drives nicely, the only problem is the transmission (for which I opened another topic). Just a small leak in the radiator and a badly damaged steering wheel had to be repaired. The steering wheel has been restored by Koch's. Now and then people ask us to drive the Desoto as their wedding car.

My Desoto in Holland:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:12 am 
.........that your car has Fireflite front fender trim and headlight doors, but has Firedome side trim. Can you post a picture of the interior?

Have a nice day
Steve

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:22 am 
Steve, so what? It is a nice car. Somebody added a few Fireflite details.

Post subject: Re: Introduction
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:10 pm 
PaulMurkowicz wrote:
Steve, so what? It is a nice car. Somebody added a few Fireflite details.

I find it interesting because I think I used to own it. That's why I asked to see a picture of the interior.

Have a nice day
Steve

Post subject: Re: Introduction
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:35 pm 
That is interesting indeed!
By the way, we have resprayed the dashboard and the steering wheel has been restored by Koch's.

These are some pictures before the dashboard respray and steering wheel restoration.
Interior when I bought the car in Oklahoma:

Interior after I removed the clothing from the dash and sticky vinyl from the steering wheel (then I saw how bad the condition of the steering wheel was):

Interior today (after respray and steering wheel restoration):

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:18 am 
Yes, that is interesting Steve.

Post subject: I think.........
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:50 am 
..........based on the pictures, that mine was a different blue and white '56 sedan. The one I had was purchased by a fellow who ships cars to Europe. It is very similar though.

Steve