View topic - Flying Goddess on Ebay

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

The purpose of the National DeSoto Club, Inc. (NDC), is to encourage the preservation, restoration and promotion of all De Soto automobiles, as well as to promote fellowship and the exchange of knowledge among all fellow members. Furthermore, the study, compilation of data, summary of information, and preservation of literature related to De Soto automobiles is encouraged. The NDC’s message board is open to all. The NDC’s Trustees and members are NOT responsible for the accuracy of any of the information posted to this message board. The NDC’s web-master may, at his/her discretion, remove any message that is deemed to be offensive, and deny posting privileges to the person who posted the offensive message.

Post subject: Flying Goddess on Ebay
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:37 pm 

Wow! Anyone check out Ebay Lately? List Desoto Hood Ornaments at top and you will see a clear model for 42 thru 48 listed for over $2,000. A seller listed as chicagogirl4 has three hood ornaments listed way over cost for their condition. Guess their worth what someone will pay. Won't be me!! I have two of the clear models in better shape and they were both under $200 when I purchased them.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:48 am 

I did see that on ebay and also thought it was a way crazy price! My 48 that I am restoring has a chrome goddess emblem and there is a light bulb mounted below it under the hood? What's your take on that?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:59 am 

Most likely the car came with the lighted goddess and somewhere along the way she was damaged/broken and replaced with a chrome one. That's my guess

Chris

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:57 am 

I have a lot to learn about Desoto, I have restored many cars < I bought this car on ebay a few months ago , its a retired funeral coach long wheel base sedan , it sat in barn for 35 years , the seller told me there was a light under the hood ornament and I thought maybe it shinned up through the gaps in the chrome? Then I learned about the clear goddess and I have to guess the same thing , that there was once a clear one on the car, among a lot of other things I need to find I will try to find a clear flying goddess , I want to bring this car back to its original glory and make it as elegant as I can, Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:34 am 

I'm not certain, but I thought that I saw someone selling repros of the plastic Goddess. Ed Spiegel comes to mind, but don't quote me.