View topic - New member- joined today

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

The purpose of the National DeSoto Club, Inc. (NDC), is to encourage the preservation, restoration and promotion of all De Soto automobiles, as well as to promote fellowship and the exchange of knowledge among all fellow members. Furthermore, the study, compilation of data, summary of information, and preservation of literature related to De Soto automobiles is encouraged. The NDC’s message board is open to all. The NDC’s Trustees and members are NOT responsible for the accuracy of any of the information posted to this message board. The NDC’s web-master may, at his/her discretion, remove any message that is deemed to be offensive, and deny posting privileges to the person who posted the offensive message.

Post subject: New member- joined today
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:12 pm 

Hello, fellow members. I would like to introduce myself. I am a long time car nut who just purchased my first Desoto last summer.It is a 1955 Fireflight. Hemi engine runs strong. It moves forward and reverse in the driveway. The car is all original (including paint) and has never been touched. It was a southwestern/western car all its life. Upholstery is all there but totally shot. I am doing a brake job now. My plan is to refurbish it, get it on the road and to keep it original. Now doing a brake job. I would be interested in purchasing a complete interior (soft stuff), windshield and door latch (drivers side is sticking). Needs some wiring work too (southwestern sun did a job on all the soft stuff). Sheet metal is in good shape.
I also have other cars in my collection, including 50 Dodge, 49 Chrysler New Yorker, 40 Buick Limited, 40 Pontiac torpedo 8, Corvette, Fiero etc. I live in the North East.

Attachments:
File comment: pictures of my 55 Desoto
IMG_1147.JPG
IMG_1147.JPG [ 178.29 KiB | Viewed 781 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:08 pm 

Welcome to the club. Please keep us updated as your progress is being made. Pictures are always welcome and it's nice to know there is another Fiero guy with DeSoto interests.

"It's delightful, it's delovely, it's DeSoto"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:15 pm 

Dean,

Welcome and congrats on your new find. It's hard for me to tell from the photo, but is your '55 Fireflite a 4-dr sedan or a 2-dr hardtop? Just wondering. At least it has all of it's grill!! It's always nice to see one of these De Soto grills actually on a De Soto and not on a modified Merc - just my opinion.

Bill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:52 pm 

Welcome to the club!

Lots of smart people here that can help you with any questions you might have!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:32 am 

thanks for the welcoming remarks.
I have attached another picture ( I hope I did it correctly) . My 55 is a hardtop.
Need upholstery.

Attachments:
IMG_1146.JPG
IMG_1146.JPG [ 206.29 KiB | Viewed 730 times ]