View topic - 1950 Project For Sale

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

The purpose of the National DeSoto Club, Inc. (NDC), is to encourage the preservation, restoration and promotion of all De Soto automobiles, as well as to promote fellowship and the exchange of knowledge among all fellow members. Furthermore, the study, compilation of data, summary of information, and preservation of literature related to De Soto automobiles is encouraged. The NDC’s message board is open to all. The NDC’s Trustees and members are NOT responsible for the accuracy of any of the information posted to this message board. The NDC’s web-master may, at his/her discretion, remove any message that is deemed to be offensive, and deny posting privileges to the person who posted the offensive message.

Post subject: 1950 Project For Sale
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:36 am 

Found on Craigslist...not your "normal" project car. Looks like some high quality work has been done on the chassis and seller states he will throw in a bunch of NOS parts.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/5703585241.html

Attachments:
01414_2xY0diVjmJR_600x450.jpg
01414_2xY0diVjmJR_600x450.jpg [ 57.75 KiB | Viewed 1261 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:37 pm 

That one is mine… It’s also listed here: http://desoto.org/phpbbforum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5700 and on eBay.
Just to be clear – everything that was removed from the car and everything that was installed plus a full set of NOS fenders will be included with the car. The extra parts that I’ve been hunting down for 15 years are not – these will be sold separately once the car is sold (or scrapped… hope it won’t get to this).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:21 pm 

This is my last call and my last desperate attempt to save my 1950 from being scrapped for metal.

It started as a frame-off restoration. Chassis are fully restored and reunited with the body. Body is tight and straight and 100% rust free - no body work needed. Car is 100% complete - there are no missing parts. A full set of rust free NOS fenders is also included. To get it back on the road it needs engine/transmission rebuild and reinstalled, new wiring harness and front clip reassembled. To make it look great it will need a paint job and upholstery.

I will not be able to finish this project and I won't have a place to store it for much longer. If you're local to SF Bay Area and interested - please stop by and check it out. I am extremely motivated to find a new home for this beautiful car. You can reach me at imasluk@yahoo.com

http://desotophoto.com/s14/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:47 am 

SOLD

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:02 am 

Congratulations! Staying in the US or to be exported?

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:12 pm 

It is staying in the US and I'm happy to report that the new owner (who has the experience in the field) is going to continue restoring it to original.
I'll supply him with 15 years worth of DeSoto Adventures issues and will suggest to join the NDC.